Saturday, July 2, 2011

Baby Bites

Edited to add:::  Ryan had to correct me here, I should have said WE'VE instead of I've!  Ryan stood at the stove and stirred multiple pots for me while I chopped and measured and pureed!  We had fun working together on this batch of food!  Also, the "mini minestrone" doesn't quite fill up the tray because  he decided to taste test a little bowl for himself!  :)

I've spent the afternoon making some delicious and nutritious food for my little bird and I thought I would share some photos!



The green mush on the left is "mini minestrone," it's puréed green beans, potato, carrot, celery, onion, orzo pasta, tomato paste, and chicken broth. On the right is puréed potato, carrot, and corn. Yum!



This is puréed pears, peaches, and blue berries.

My favorite cook book to use for making baby food is "Top 100 Baby Purees." Liam has loved everything I've made him so far and I really enjoy making it for him! Once it's all frozen, I pop it out of the ice cube trays and store in freezer bags. The food is always a fun color and I am a nerd and get excited seeing the cute little blocks of food when I open the freezer!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oooo, I love it! Good for you, Mama!

Susan said...

We've finally settled into our new home and I'm wanting to freeze some for Caleb. How do you heat them up- microwave, warm water, etc?

A Nerd and A Free Spirit said...

When I have a baby one day, I hope to make food, too. Looks awesome!

~Kathryn