Saturday, October 20, 2012

30 weeks?!

How far along: 30 weeks! I cannot believe how quickly it's gone by! And, how little we have done to prepare! :)
Size of baby: 18 inches/3pounds, 2 ounces/head of lettuce
Weight gained/lost: 10ish gained. I've been really sick and lost at least 2 so I'm not sure.
Maternity clothes: yes! Moving into long sleeves. So glad for cooler weather.
Gender: BOY!
Movement: tornado Jude is rocking and a rolling. And punching and kicking. :)
Symptoms: no more migraines thanks to my chiropractor! Starting to get a bit achey. Heart burn. Leg cramps.
Sleep: I have croup so sleep has been awful, but not Jude's fault.
Food cravings/aversions: none. I haven't had much appetite lately. Been living off of soup and baked potatoes.
What I'm looking forward to: getting our room organized for Jude to join us and transitioning Liam to a big boy bed.

Monday, October 1, 2012


Dear Liam bird,

Happy 2nd Birthday, little man!  We are so so so happy that you were born into our family and cannot begin to imagine the last two years without your precious presence.  We are so thankful for you, my love!  I still cannot believe two entire years have gone by since you were born!  It seems like just the other day, it's all so fresh in our minds!  

This month you have continued in your development into a full-fledged little boy!  You are such a busy little mess, and I love watching how quickly you can run around the yard and house, it's pretty remarkable!  You love to be "on the go" and continually bring us your shoes and ask to go outside!  You love to play with rocks and show us trees and flowers when we are outside.  We make a point to spend some time outside with you everyday, even when it's rainy.  

That's right, you are talking so much lately!  Honestly, most of it is still only distinguishable by mommy and daddy.  But, the point is, you are communicating!  Yay!  You say lots of words and have started stringing together 4-5 word sentences.  Your most frequent phrases are, "go outside," and "want to get down." You've also started to mimic us, which is hilarious.  You will count every now and then and seem to know 1-10, but it's not consistent.   

You are an eating and sleeping machine, as usual!  You and I went on a trip to Arkansas a few weeks ago and shared a room, you were such a good sleeper!  You even asked me to "go nigh, nigh please" one night, such a little sleep lover.  You are still sleeping in your crib, but will hopefully be transitioned out of that in the next month.  

This has definitely been the month of the temper tantrum.  We are slowly navigating the waters of figuring out the best way to discipline your strong-willed little mind and heart.  You are an angel 95% of the time, and screaming/head butting the other 5%.  I guess that's not too bad to deal with!  We are trying to teach you patience, by emulating it in how we parent you.  I have a feeling we will all be learning patience together for the next 16-18 years! 

Darling boy, I hope you never wonder, forget, or question our love for you.  Because, the truth is, your daddy and I are crazy about you!  We think everything you do is the cutest or smartest or sweetest thing that's ever been done.  You are so precious to us and we are truly so very glad that God blessed us with the raising of you.  We don't your hugs or snuggles but, by golly, we sure to revel in them.  I am so excited to get to watch you grow up and can't wait to see what you'll do next!

Love you forever, and ever,

for laughs...this is what most of my pictures look like!