Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Decorations: with a toddler

It's the most wonderful time of the year! This is Liam bird's second holiday season, but last year he was still a non-moving, sleeping all the time little babe so it seems like this is really his first Christmas. I love this time of year and enjoy Christmas decorations so much!


We don't go all out or do a theme, but I think our home always looks festive. This year, we had to adjust our decorations a bit for safety reasons. I did not feel comfortable putting out all of my beautiful snow baby ornaments so we bought some cheap, quilted-ish ornaments to go with non-breakables we already had.


I stole an awesome idea from a friend to use sheet music to make paper chains, she provided the paper for me as well, thanks Becca!


I have my beloved nativity up on the mantle with a few other things.


Each year, the tree stand next to my store gives everyone a free wreath in exchange for coffee and I made a little sheet music bow for the center as well.


Liam has his very own tree! I always wanted a tree in my room growing up, so I must say I am a bit jealous. :) We used his special first Christmas ornaments from last year as well as some colored balls, he seems to enjoy the lights.


So, that's our simple, homespun Christmas! And, we love it.

No comments: