Monday, July 22, 2013

Salvaged dinner





Have you ever made lasagna? I learned today that it's not the easiest thing in the world to get those noodles to cooperate. I had intended to adapt this recipe {http://www.smells-like-home.com/2012/02/spinach-lasagna-2/} to be gluten free. When my noodles disintegrated, which could have been because they were gluten free, I decided to turn this into a layered baked spaghetti of sorts.

I tossed a pound of gluten free spaghetti noodles in the bechamel, which I halved by the way. And layered them between layers of fresh baby spinach, ground chicken that I cooked with garlic and onions and coated in pesto, ricotta mixed with an egg and some shredded mozzarella, and shredded Italian cheese. I baked it off for about 20 minutes, covered at 350, and then uncovered under the broiler for 5 minutes to brown up the cheese.

It turned out so yummy! I think this is definitely going into the meal rotation.

No comments: