Monday, August 12, 2013

Dear Husby: 30 years

Dear Husby,


Today marks the beginning of your thirtieth year on earth! I'm so glad that you were born thirty years ago, and I'm thankful that I get to spend the next thirty plus with you!



I didn't birth you, thank goodness that would be weird, or raise you. But I'm so happy to raise our boys with you as their role model! They have been blessed to have so much of your undivided attention at a young age. I'm so thankful that you've been able to stay at home with them while getting your master's degree. I think you will all be better off for that experience.


I'm so thankful that you are such a fun-loving, silly, annoying guy. You drive me crazy and push my buttons, and I wouldn't have it any other way.


Thank you for sticking with school, at least one of us can show our boys how to get multiple college degrees! A lot is about to change as you move into this year of teaching, and I'm so excited for you to get a taste of the end goal! Good job, professor!


You are my knight in shining armor, and I don't know where I would be without you in my life! I'm thankful that marrying the boy from Colorado, has finally brought us to Colorado.


I've known you an an unruly teenager, a rugby god, a rock-n-roller, a husband, an a&r guy, and substitute teacher, a dad, a scholar, and a minister, I'm so excited to know you more as you grow into more roles. I can't wait to see where life takes us. I'm so so so proud of you!

Happy 30th birthday!

Love you, forever, and ever,
Wifey

No comments: