Tuesday, July 31, 2007

unpacking.........for days

so I finally got most of the stuff unpacked and set up in various places. I put the books on their shelves and tried my luck as an interior decorator.....my favorite part has been climbing up the ladder into the pits of hell known as my attic. the ladder is older than the house. it creaks and shakes and the hole at the top is small so boxes don't like to go through it. plus it's awkward trying to balance my weight and the wieght of the box in a position to lift it over my head and up a ladder. whose idea was attic storage anyway? doesn't seem to safe. heavy boxes, rickety ladder, small opening, well sounds like a night in the er or at least a hole in the wall from a foot or heel slipping off of the ladder. so.....after i get up in the attic what happens.....wham! a 2x4! literally. it's dark and it's not fit for tall people. so I fumble around and find a light.....I've been up here for 30 seconds and I lose 5 pounds of sweat.....the worst is yet to come....insulation. It sticks to my arms and gets in my eyes at it's the kind of insulation that they spray in and fill...but finally after three days up and down the ladder I am happy to announce that most of the house is unpacked! i put my feet up, sat on the couch, sipped hot tea, and watched a coldplay tour documentery on the tv! it's nice to have a tv again......

No comments: