Saturday, February 14, 2009

a bit of a love story...

I saw this little diddy on a few blogs and wanted to fill it out for v-day!

What are your middle names? Elizabeth & David

How long have you been together? January 21, 2006

How long did you know each other before you started dating? We met on my 18th birthday August 24, 2002, coincidentally enough--the same day that his parents met. We were best friends all through college.

Who asked who out? Interestingly enough, I have no clue. We didn't really date so much as we just decided that we loved each other and should get married.

How old were each of you when you met? I was 18, he was 19.

How old are each of you now? I am 24, he is 25

How long did you date before becoming engaged? We didn't really date. We became a couple in January 2006, but Ryan was here in Nashville and I was in Arkansas. We saw each other a few times and went on "dates" I guess, before we were engaged in March 2006. We were engaged for 6 months and married September 16, 2006.

How tall are each of you? I'm 5'8", Ryan is 6'5"

Whose siblings do you see the most? We really don't see either very much. I guess we usually see mine more since they are only 8 hours away as opposed to 20. But we've seen Ryan's more recently. Haven't seen my family since October.

Do you have any children together? Not yet!

What about pets? the most amazing miniature schnauzer in all the land, Gustofer McGustavson! Or Gus.

Did you go to the same school? Different high schools, same college!

Are you from the same hometown? Nope. I am from Siloam Springs, Arkansas and Ryan is from Broomfield, Colorado. We would probably have never met if it weren't for good ole John Brown University.

Who is the smartest? That's a hard question. I think we are both very smart. We're smart at different things though, Ryan is really artsy and knows a lot about anything in that area. He also loves philosophy and theology, and is way over my head in those areas. I am the English smarty around here, I also have an uncommon amount of medical knowledge in my brain. In school I got better grades, but only because I have a photographic memory and an insane gift of writing papers at midnight the night before they are due.

Who is the most sensitive? Ryan. He has a tender heart. I am more compassionate towards others, but less emotionally sensitive.

Where do you eat out most as a couple? McCreary's Irish Pub for dinner and 5 Guys Burgers & Fries and Chick-Fil-A for lunch as they are both close to my store.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? We went to Mexico on our honeymoon. But I think Seattle is further away than that.

Who does the cooking? Me, I love love love to cook. Ryan is a great helper and a really good cook when I relinquish my hold on the kitchen and give him a chance.

Who is more social? Tough question. We are both very social. I am more of a natural extrovert, but Ryan is an amazing networker. He knows practically everyone in the music biz here in Nashville. I know all of my thousands of customers.

Who is the neat-freak? Ryan, definitely. He tries to teach me, but it just hasn't stuck. I like to be organized, but I don't like making the effort. When I'm not at work, I don't want to be cleaning and organizing.

Who hogs the bed? Me, I am a cover-hog and a space-hog. If I have a chance to sleep later than Ryan I take over the entire bed.

Who wakes up earlier? Usually me. I have to be at work at 5am at least two days a week.

Who has the bigger family? Ryan for sure. His extended family is huge and they all live in Denver. Mine is small.

How do you spend the holidays? Thanks to my job, just to two of us here in Nashville. We have our own traditions and routine. It's nice.

Who is more jealous? I would probably say me...for a long time Ryan was in a band and girls always loved him. I was always more annoyed by that but jealous of his time. I'm still jealous of his time, I like to spend every waking moment together. And that's just not practical if we're going to put food on the table.

Do you have little pet names for each other? A lot. Ryan never calls me by my given name, but baby, love, honeybee, loverface, wifey, etc... I call him husby and loverface. Loverface started out as a joke, but has now stuck. I know it's gag worthy.

How long did it take to get serious? Took about four years to realize we were in love. Once God let us in on it, no time at all.

Who eats more? I am a snacker, so I graze all day but eat tiny meals. Ryan eats huge meals. Probably about the same though.

Who sings better? Ryan, by far. I'm not the musically gifted one in this house.

Who’s older? Ryan by one year and 12 days.

Who does the dishes? Ryan. I cook, he cleans.

Who snores? Most likely, me. I have bad allergies and if I'm stuffed up, you can bet I will be snoring. Ryan snores every once in a while.

Who’s better with the computer? Ryan.

Who drives? Ryan. Since being in the city with the lunatic drivers, I prefer to ride.

Who kissed who first? Ryan kissed me October 25, 2005 while watching Garden State. He timed it to my favorite part of the movie, when Natalie Portman dances in front of the fireplace. I kissed him back.

Who eats more sweets? Me. Constantly, all the time. Ryan gets mad at me for eating dessert before dinner or only dessert.

1 comment:

Ms Debbie said...

Found you.... I love reading blogs ! I am glad you are having a fairy tale... :)