Thursday, April 30, 2009

the little things.

dear walking company,

the first time i visited your store (about 6 months ago), i spent nearly two hours trying on over 20 pairs of shoes and cataloging my aches and pains before i found the perfect shoe for me... the dansko professional clog.



not altogether cute, not altogether cheap...but oh so amazingly comfortable. this shoe took away all of my back pain from standing 40+ hours per week. this shoe never caused me to slip on spilled milk. this shoe also adds two inches to my frame making me stand tall and confident and enabling me to reach things on high shelves.

unfortunately a few weeks ago, probably while on a dead sprint to the back room, a piece of this wonderful shoe broke off inside the shoe causing sharp edges to rub my poor foot. i was devastated. i did not want to spend $100+ dollars on a new pair, but I also did not want to wear crappy shoes and cause myself back pain again.

so, i humbly returned to the walking company and asked what you could do for me. and guess what? you GAVE me a brand new pair of my beloved shoes. for F.R.E.E. this still blows me away. i did not have a receipt. i did not have a warranty. i did not even beg. did i mention that my original purchase was made 6 months ago?

you have saved me cash and pain and in turn made me a customer for life!

much love,
sarah hawk

p.s. the by one get one 50% off sock sale also made me, and my feet, very happy. gotta love the smartwool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha yea parker and i both have the same little turned up noses :)

i've heard wonderful things about those shoes! my sister is a nurse (on her feet for 12 hours) and says those shoes are the style of choice for all of the nurses. glad you found them!!

Unknown said...

i love these too!!! someone gave my friend a pair that were too small for her, so i inherited them - and they are rockin' moscow walking shoes. :o)