Tuesday, July 6, 2010

21 Weeks!




Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 21 Weeks, 3 Days (21.2 in photo)
Size of baby: 8 inches, 1 pound; spaghetti squash
Total Weight Gain: 5 pounds (if my scale is right, dr appointment next week)
Maternity Clothes: Starting to fill out my maternity clothes a little more.  I can still wear any low rise pre-preg pants.  Shirts are getting a little short.  I feel much more comfortable in my maternity clothes and I think they are pretty cute too!
Gender: Unknown.  Still don't want to find out.  The majority of folks are guessing girl.  I think there have been two people so far to guess boy.  I have no gut feeling or maternal instinct.  What do you think?
Movement: Moving a lot but still very fluttery and light, now jabs to the ribs yet.  Still not discernible from the outside. 
Sleep: Have gotten better at sleeping on my left side.  My left hip is usually numb when I do wake up.  Have been getting up less in the night as well, yippee!
Symptoms: Have not thrown up since 18 weeks!  Dizziness has abated a lot too.  The new culprit is heartburn which has been bothering me mildly since about 18 weeks, but has gotten progressively worse.  I have tums and rolaids with me at all times now.
Food Cravings/Aversions:  Still  no crazy cravings.  I am enjoying lots and lots of liquids as this is the hottest summer I can remember in my life.  My beverages of choice are (still) lime slushes from sonic, water, orange mango juice, and lemonade.  None of which helps the heartburn situation.  :)  Food wise, I usually have a hard time eating in the summer when it is hot.  This is still holding true.  It is just too hot to eat a lot.
What I am looking forward to:  Ryan being able to feel the baby move (should be able to in the next couple of weeks).  Hearing the heartbeat again at my next doctor's appointment.  Seeing how cute this kid is!



No comments: