Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Last summer I posted my tried and true whole wheat pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe.  These muffins are a staple in our house, they might even be more prevalent than milk and bread.  I make them as fast as we eat them, so yummy!

However, Ryan has been gluten free since May and I have had to adapt my recipe a bit to accommodate his dietary needs, and I can honestly say that they are better than ever!

Here's the updated recipe if you are gluten free, or just wanting to try something different:

In a large bowl, combine and mix well:
1 C. GF all-purpose flour*
1/3 C. almond meal*
1/3 C. ground flax seed*
3/4 C. sugar
1 TBS. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. xanthan gum*
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I prefer mini)

In a medium bowl, whisk together:
1 stick melted butter
1 C. canned pumpkin
2 eggs

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine (don't overmix!).  Divide into muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Enjoy!

*I have had a lot of success with Bob's Red Mill products and use them for most of my specialty flours and ingredients.


No comments: