Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gluten Free Poppyseed Chicken




This is what we had for dinner tonight and I was quite pleased with how it turned out! I grew up eating traditional poppyseed chicken made with ritz crackers, but needed a gluten free adaptation.

Here's how I did it:
Poach, and shred 4-6 chicken breasts (you want to have enough chicken to fill your casserole dish, I use a smaller dish do I only need 4).

Mix together:
12 oz box of pacific natural foods cream of chicken soup (GF)
8 oz container reduced fat sour cream
3 tsp poppyseeds
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1-2 tsp herb de Provence seasoning

Combine mixture with shredded chicken and place in greased casserole dish.

Crush 2-3 cups of corn chex (again, you may need more if making a large batch). Add 1/4 C melted butter. Sprinkle this mixture on top of casserole.

Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350. Remove from oven when bubbly and let stand 5 minutes before serving.

We usually serve over rice or mashed potatoes. I like to double up on my starches. :)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: