Saturday, January 14, 2012

Microwaveable GF Cake in a Mug

I've seen the "cake in a mug" recipes all over pinterest, but never a gluten free recipe. I decided to make my own last night and it was delicious! The beauty of this concept is that you can customize it to your liking. Add peanut butter, coconut, vanilla, etc. It's also the perfect portion, no more huge cake pans to tempt you into the night! Next time I will definitely have some icing on hand to throw on the top for extra enjoyment.

Here it is:
1/4 C. GF flour of your choice
1/4 C. Sugar
3 TBS. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
1 egg beaten
3 TBS. milk
1 TBS. vegetable oil

Mix dry ingredients in mug of your choice (I used one of my beloved Starbucks city mugs). In a separate small bowl mix wet ingredients. Add wet to dry, mix well. Microwave on high 1 1/2-2 minutes. Top with ice cream or frosting and enjoy!




(not the best picture ever, but you get the idea)

1 comment:

Hannah Young said...

this is awesome!