Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A new vegetable





I tried a new food! As part of my "12 things to do in 2012" project I decided to try 5 new foods. I had seen a recipe for roasted chickpeas floating around on pinterest and decided to give it a shot!

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked them! The texture was great, kind of a cross between popcorn and corn nuts. I seasoned them with brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper.

I was really nervous they would be really bean-y. If you know me at all, you know that I don't do vegetables. But, I especially don't do beans. The texture kills me. I do love hummus so I figured that I at least liked the flavor of garbanzo beans. So, now I know that I like them puréed and roasted to crispness. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: