Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: highlights

As the year is ending, and I'm stuck in a car all day, I thought it prudent to try to remember the best of 2012.

*Ryan was inducted into the Alpha Chi honors society for his graduate work. This required purchase of a suit, fancy.

*We found out in April that I was expecting another little birdie.

*Ryan and I went on a brief, but lovely, trip to Ireland. Wherein I was able to show Ryan all of my favorite places. And I got to revisit the pieces of my heart that will forever remain in that land.

*Ryan started working at our church, The Village Chapel. This has brought some incredible folks closer into our lives as well as given valuable experience for Ryan's future career.

*We moved into a new rental house with room for our growing family, a yard, and a study cottage.

*Liam started "school" at a Mothers Day Out program. He has thrived and learned so much.

*Purchasing a new Trooper, even though nothing will ever fill the "Rooney" shaped hole in our hearts.

*Briefly attending my 10 year high school reunion, with Liam in tow.

*Becoming members of the Nashville Zoo, hours of fun for everyone.

*I attended the Starbucks Global Leadership Convention in Houston. It was an incredible week of learning and inspiration. I am truly blessed to work for such an amazing company.

*Ryan played (and won, again) in the alumni rugby game at JBU homecoming. He also got to play some rugby with our oldest nephew, Telan.

*Ryan applied for more graduate work at Queens University Belfast, and was accepted! We may go, or we may not. Either way, this is amazing!

*Kirsten came out from San Francisco for Thanksgiving, after her missing last year we were so excited to have her in Nashville to celebrate with us again.

*The birth of precious baby Jude. Even though he was premature and required emergency delivery, he was healthy and we were both safe. So incredibly thankful.

We can't wait to see what 2013 will bring and where the Lord will take us!

No comments: