Monday, December 24, 2012

An Irish Christmas Blessing





Last night, Ryan and I had the privilege of attending "Joy: an Irish Christmas" by the Gettys at the Nashville symphony. The Gettys, if you don't know, are modern day hymn writers who happen to hail from my beloved Northern Ireland. They are incredibly talented musicians with beautiful hearts for the Lord, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Also, if you've known me for more than five minutes, you know that anything Irish makes me weep. When the Gettys lead worship at church I usually just sit there and cry! Last night was no exception, with two blows of the bag pipes, I was crying before they even started singing! Silly girl.

It was so nice to go out on a date with my husby. I haven't been able to go to church, since Jude is too little to be out in public, so I haven't really felt like it was truly Christmas. Until, last night! Now I'm definitely in the spirit!

They closed the night with this blessing that they wrote specifically for Christmas:

Now may the fragrance of His peace
Soar through your heart like the dove released
Hide in His wings oh, weary distant soak
He'll guide your spirit home

And may His love poured on from high
Flow to the depths of your deepest sigh
Oh come and drink from the only living stream
And on His shoulder lean

And may the hope that will not deceive
Trough every pain bring eternal ease
There is no night that can steal the promises
His coming brings to us

So may His joy rush over you
Delight in the path He has called you to
May all your steps walk in Heaven's endless light
Beyond this Christmas night

No comments: