Friday, March 29, 2013

Dear Jude: 4 Months

Dear Baby Jude,

First of all, I hope you realize that, regardless of how old you get, we will always call you "baby Jude." It just rolls off the tongue. You are four months old and, once again, I'm amazed at how quickly another month has passed.


You had your four month check-up at the pediatrician yesterday and we found out that you weigh 14 pounds, 7 ounces (40th%) and are 24 inches long (20th%)! You are growing so well and we are so thankful!


Buddy, you're doing great developmentally as well and don't seem to be delayed from being a preemie at all! You are holding your head up and have great neck control and have rolled over from tummy to back a few times!


You have dropped a few feedings and are nursing 6 times a day. You are taking between 5 and 6 ounces of breast milk while I'm at work and always do really well with your bottles, yay! We got the okay to start solids, so you will be trying cereal in the next week!


Sleep wise, you're still pretty unpredictable but have been doing well. Sometimes you will have a 9 hour stretch of sleep at night, but it's usually between 6 & 7. I'm not complaining, I have faith you'll stretch it out longer soon! I think we are rapidly approaching the end of your swaddling sleep which will be an adjustment for sure!


Sweet boy, we are having so much fun watching you learn and grow! You continue to be a little snuggle bug and you looooove any attention you are given. I have to be careful not to make eye contact with you when I feed you in the middle of the night because once I do you stop eating and smile and laugh and coo. It's absolutely precious, but we need our sleep! For every minute that you scream, you also smile...we appreciate that trade off. You're starting to notice and pay attention to Liam. The other day the two of you smiled and laughed at each other for ten minutes straight--it completed my life. Being your mommy has already been so much fun, I can't wait to see what you do next!

Love you forever, and ever,
Momma

No comments: