Sunday, March 17, 2013

My best friend's wedding

If you follow me on Facebook, twitter, or instagram you may have noticed that my best friend got married yesterday!

I was so thrilled to be able to stand up with her as she married her prince charming, what an honor! I was also thrilled to be reunited with "my Garton family." Mary and I were so inseparable growing up that I know and love all of her extended family as well.

Along with being an all-around amazing person, Mary is also the craftiest and most creatively artsy person I know. She planned, created, and concocted every detail of her wedding. It was stunningly beautiful and so much fun!

Here are a few shots I took with my phone, I cannot wait to see the professional images!






(these "trees" were lovingly "rescued" from random stranger's yards after and ice storm, spray painted, and bedecked with mirrored ornaments and candles...gorgeous)






(burlap, candles, and tree trunks, can't go wrong)






(sister Sarah pinning on Brett's boutineer)



(Gorgeous hydrangea bouquet, made by friend Kaylee, adorned with a cameo from Mae's late Nonna)



(the grounds of the camp she got married at had a CAROUSEL, that we got to use for pictures! So. Much. Fun.)



(this is Jen, Mae's step-sister, she made the wedding gown. Yup.)






(The most laid back bride in the history of forever, putting my screw-on earrings on for me.)



(breathtaking)




Mae, you have always been "my most beautiful friend," and I've always meant that about your physical beauty and your character, but you outdid even yourself yesterday! Thanks for letting me share in your joy and for always making me laugh. I'm so thankful we got to chose each other as sisters so many years ago that it's just who we are now. Love you forever, Sarah

No comments: