Friday, July 25, 2014

Dear Jude: 20 months

Dear Judesy Roe,


Happy 20 month birthday!  I cannot believe you're so old, and I can't believe you haven't been around forever!  You are the perfect second (maybe last) child for our family and we are so enjoying this stage of your wild little life. 


As you can see from these photos, you are basically a giant. I have no idea of your actual stats, but you seem to have filled out more this month. You are a solid little boy and you love to eat anytime of the day!  You are a total Cookie Monster. The minute I come home from work you scream, "momma!" And then run to the pantry and scream, "cookie!"  I guess we go hand in hand. 


Jude, you continue to be a precious little sweetie but you can pack a punch. You definitely hold your own with your big brother and have had to learn to say "sowwy," and give hugs as an apology. You love to wake Liam up from his nap by jumping on him and giving him kisses, and you still love to sit in my lap...don't ever stop with that business. 


You are talking up a storm and can clearly convey your needs and wants.  You say "tink you," without prompting, which makes us so proud.  You are really good at identifying, and saying, body parts and love sticking your fingers up my nose.  "Twinkle twinkle" is still your favorite song to sing, but you loooove music and I've heard you signing the "na nas" from "Hey Jude" a lot recently, which is just the most precious thing ever. 


Throwing toys/balls/anything is your favorite game and I'm routinely amazed at your coordination with all things gross motor. You jump and run better than most two-year-olds, and you can walk up and down stairs like a pro. I'm getting nervous you will crawl out of your crib any minute since you've started climbing out of high chairs like danger is your middle name. 


Judes, you are deeply attached to your paci, which you call your "bay," and your stuffed bunny. Both are strictly reserved for sleep times and you get them out of your crib every time you go into your room during the day. Little sneak!  I'm hopeful to take your paci away around your second birthday, but I'm pretty sure you neeeeed it for now, and our big move.  Poor little baby. 


You are an independent little love with an extremely determined demeaner. You can do a lot of advanced things because you have put your mind to it, I'm so excited to watch you take on the world as you get older, I'm sure you will accomplish great things!  We just love you to bits, sweet boy. Please don't ever forget that!

Love you forever, and ever,
Momma

No comments: