Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Vacation Recap, Parts 4, 5, and 6


(the Hawk family on Grandpa's 80th birthday)


The remainder of our vacation was a lot of fun, but I am getting worn out trying to remember everything we did.  So, I'm going bullet point style!
  1. Fish Hatchery
    1. cheap, kid friendly, educational
    2. slightly horrifying to the girl who hates/is terrified of fish
  2. Hike/Bird Watching
    1. nice easy hike that Gus got to enjoy with us
  3. Nintendo Wii
    1. oh those Mario Bros.
  4. Stonehill Winery
    1. I will never turn down a wine tasting.  However, the majority of these wines were on the kool-aid side so we only found a few that we liked.  
  5. Apples to Apples
    1. BEST GAME EVER!  Brought Grandpa out of his shell for sure

            1. Fantastic Caverns
              1. This was one of my favorite things that we did.  These caves were used as a speakeasy back in the day, as well as a concert venue in the summertime.  Such a fun legacy!
            2. Lambert's Cafe
              1. Home of the throwed roll.  Yum!
            3. Old Time Photos
              1. This was hysterically funny!  I highly recommend taking old time photos if you have never done it before.









                  We love love love our Colorado family and it is always such a blessing to just be in the same room with them.  I am horrible at keeping up on the phone (I hate talking on the phone), so the face time is always much appreciated by me!

                  1 comment:

                  Anonymous said...

                  I love the old time photos! So fun! Ryan looks like he is going to murder someone.