Monday, March 8, 2010

Vacation Recap Part 1

Disclaimer:  This post was supposed to be published last Sunday.  I was under the impression that I could post via email.  Apparently I need more practice since only the photo was posted.  We wound up not having wireless at our condo, hence not posting last week.  



(this is my almost ten year old nephew Austin)

We rolled into Ft. Smith at 5am Saturday morning (I was not exaggerating about those turtles one bit).  We closed our eyes for a few minutes and then went to my nephews championship boys & girls club bball game. The won!  And got to cut down the net which I thought was pretty cool.
After the game, we hung out at my sister's for a while.  Then I helped my niece do her hair and makeup for a birthday party. We had fun primping and being girly. Tori thinks I am so fashionable and asked me what was new in fashion in Nashville. :)  So nice to be thought a fashion guru.



While Tori was at her party, I had planned to cook a lovely risotto dinner for Ryan, my mom, and my sister. However, this seemed more easily said than done after we scoured the shelves for abrorio rice at one wal-mart only to find nothing but plain white rice (in no less than 16 varieties) on the shelves. I called two different local grocery stores to ask if they carried abrorio rice. Neither store had any idea what I was talking about. One store told me they didn't have it before they looked and the other store spent 10 minutes looking and then told me they didn't have that kind of Zataran's. Oh boy.
We finally found some at a larger wal-mart and the risotto was delicious. However, if I ever move back to Arkansas it will be to open a specialty grocery store. I think they need one

3 comments:

Amy said...

Laughing so hard at the "we have some called Zataran's." I take for granted how blessed I am to live in the city. So much culture....and rice....

sarah beth hawk said...

Ha ha! I was about to pull my hair out.
Also, I keep trying to comment on your post and it won't let me! Any ideas?

Amy said...

I think it's working now. Give it a try! (I was wondering why I didn't have any comments....)