Wednesday, May 5, 2010

the great flood of '010




If you haven't already heard, last weekend Nashville suffered a flood like the city has never seen.  
Thousands of homes were destroyed, thousands were displaced, cars were ruined, and ultimately lives were lost.  

I am deeply saddened by what I see when I watch the news and drive around my city.  The city that I love is still waist high in water in some places.  People are still missing.  And our water supplies are dwindling.  

If you pray, please pray for Nashville.  If you give, please give to www.hon.org or the red cross.  If you volunteer, please come and help.  

It will be a long, expensive, and heartbreaking process--but we will survive.  Nashville is a wonderful place, and I am honored to call it my home.


This blog was published yesterday and I encourage you to read it, a wonderfully written piece that truly displays the heart of the city.

No comments: