Monday, June 21, 2010

19 weeks!




Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 19 Weeks, 2 Days
Size of baby: 6.5 inches, 11 ounces; mango
Total Weight Gain: 3 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I can still wear my low rise jeans and pants.  Still rocking the be band on my work pants.  All summer dresses are still wearable.  I have recently spent a fortune on maternity clothes and while they are all super comfy, most are still a bit big.  I am confident I will grow into them.
Gender: Unknown.  Still don't want to find out.  We had the BIG ultrasound today and told the tech we didn't want to know.  She had us look away a few times, but said she wasn't positive anyway because baby was snuggled up so tight and refused to move around despite a lot of effort on her behalf.
Movement: Have been feeling movement for a couple of weeks now.  Mostly late at night and when I am still. 
Sleep: I am still trying to train myself to sleep on my left side and other than waking up to pee 3-4 times a night I am sleeping pretty well.
Symptoms: Fatigue and morning sickness have gotten tons better.  I have made it a whole week without throwing up and have had a lot more energy lately.  Still sleeping a lot.  My brain is gone, as is my ability to concentrate.  I frequently apologize to customers and play the "I'm pregnant" card.
Food Cravings/Aversions:  Still  no crazy cravings.  I am enjoying lots of fresh lime slushes form sonic, but I drink those like crazy every summer.  My aversions are getting better too, I have been eating chocolate when mixed with caramel and/or vanilla and not gagging...so that's a plus.
What I am looking forward to:  Ryan being able to feel the baby move.  Baby showers coming up later this summer as well as maternity pics.  And, of course, November.


This is an iPhone photo of the photo they gave us after the ultrasound.  Baby was pretty sedate but did decide to chew on his/her fist at one point.  It was super cute.  The tech couldn't get a good picture of it though.  Baby measured at 11 ounces and the heart rate was 149.  The doctor said that everything looked beautiful and that the baby looked to be in great health.

No comments: