Friday, June 18, 2010

in the kitchen again...

I found out I was pregnant on March 16, 2010.  I was six weeks along on March 27, 2010, when I started experiencing "morning sickness."  Since the 27th, I have cooked 6 meals.*  Six!  The smell of everything, from chocolate to dog food made me vomit.  I tried to cook twice during the early stages and both times wound up sick and making Ryan finish cooking the meal.  Once was salmon and I don't remember the other.

About two weeks ago, at sixteen weeks, I started feeling like cooking again.  I kept it simple, and made Ryan deal with the raw meat.  We made hamburger gravy, homemade pizza, and salmon with a maple glaze.  And, I didn't like any of the meals.  Ryan said they were good.  I would have rather eaten my staple piece of sourdough toast.

Then, last week, I did it.  I cooked something that I actually enjoyed, nay loved!  It's a really simple hodge-podge recipe that I have been throwing together quickly for a few years now.  I was just so excited to be enjoying something that I made once again!  Hopefully this will only improve, it has been a whole week since my last mad dash to the bathroom.  Perhaps I'm finally done with "morning sickness." Now I will go knock on some wood!

*Please note that we did eat.  My husband is a pro at cooking his family's homemade chicken noodle soup which we have had once a week throughout the course of my pregnancy.  Other than that we ate out or Ryan ate a sandwich while I had cereal or toast.

No comments: