Thursday, October 14, 2010

Liam Update




Littleface got to come home on Sunday!

He has done nothing but eat and sleep since he got home.

We went to the pediatrician (gross germy & running 2 hours behing late) yesterday and Liam is doing great!  He has gained some weight back!



Since he is so small, and we are trying to fatten him up, I am only nursing him three of his eight feedings.  The other five are all breast milk in a bottle so we can monitor how much he is eating.  This means that I have to feed him and then pump (read: exhausted).

Ryan continues to be the best husband/father in all the land.  He has been getting up in the night to feed Liam so that I can just pump and we all only have to be awake for thirty minutes instead of an hour.  He has also sacrificed a lot of his study time to take care of me and Liam and I am so thankful that he is willing to do that for his family.

I had a follow up appointment with my doctor today to check my incision and it is healing wonderfully.  I am so thankful that my scar will be small and may even go away completely, my doctor did a great job.  I have to go back in four weeks for another check.  When I was putting the date into my phone I realized that it would still be before Liam's due date.  So strange.

I am exhausted, but have not been very good at napping.  I think I am just now starting to "nest."  Every time it's a good time for a nap I decide it's a better time to do a load of laundry or deep clean the bathroom sink.  I'm working on letting it go.  :)

No comments: