Saturday, October 1, 2011

One.

Dear Liam Bird,

You turned one year old today! I am amazed at how wonderful this year has been and how quickly it has flown by! In the last 365 days you have turned into a little boy full of spunk, and you have turned us into parents. Thanks, little man.


You are growing up so fast! You weigh 22 lbs. 4 oz. (42%) and are 29.5 inches long (43%)! Your body is so strong and you are so wiggly, I sometimes feel like I'm training to be a wrestler when I change your diapers!


You continue to eat like a champ, I'm pretty sure you are already about to eat us out of house and home! This past month we started to slowly wean you to cow's milk. You are still nursing three times a day, but you take one sippy cup of organic whole milk as well. You love to eat anything we give you; and complain loudly when we don't offer something that we are eating. Your favorites are: lentils, bananas, beef & veggie lasagna, yogurt, and squash. I am still making a lot of your food for you and just leaving it more chunky. You eat a lot of table foods when our meals are appropriate for you (we eat a lot of sandwiches and spicy food, I need to cook more mildly for you!).


You are a rambunctious and busy little boy these days! You are constantly on the go, it amazes me that I can break a sweat chasing you around the living room! You are crawling at a "run" and cruising around all of the furniture, I'm sure you will be walking any minute. Bookshelves (we have lots: nerds), the television, and the fireplace are your greatest temptations. Unfortunately, we have to discipline you when you get into those things, you are slowly learning that they are hands off.


You say, "dada" consistently with "mama" and "hi" thrown in occasionally. You are very observant and will watch anything going on around you. I think you like to study us and listen to us talking, maybe you'll just spout out in complete sentences someday! :)


I can honestly say that this has been one of the best, fastest, hardest, most blessed, most tiring, and most rewarding years of my life and I'm sure your dad would agree with me. You are the most joyous baby I have ever been around and I love that your personality rubs off on everyone around you, myself included. I hope that you always know how cherished you are; by us and by your heavenly father. Thank you for an incredible year, little pumpkin pie guy!


Love you forever, and ever,
Mama

*For a little history, sap, and a whole lot of love, click here.

No comments: