Monday, October 3, 2011

Party Recap!

We had a small (tiny actually) party for Liam on Saturday and I thought I would share some highlights for our families! I didn't really do an awesome job of taking pictures, but I have a few for ya!

First of all, here is the invite that we used. My talented sister, Stacey, made them for me from a mix of an invitation I found on etsy.com and a shutterfly invitation. I absolutely love how they turned out and love that we were able to send these to our families who all live far away and couldn't make it, at least they have all of these pictures!


In keeping with the owl theme, I made these cute little felt owls from instructions I found on pinterest. I thought they turned out really cute, and I can use them in Liam's room!



I also got it into my head that we needed to make tissue paper pom poms. After my first attempt, I threw in the towel. But my sweet husby encouraged me to try again and helped me with the tedious folding and it worked! We were really pleased with the outcome and will be hanging these in Liam's room as well, yay for decorations that match the nursery! Ryan actually made the two white poms on his own, he's so crafty and cute!


My sweet, and incredibly talented sister-friend, Miriam, made Liam his birthday onesie! I am in love with it! I think he looked so sweet! And yes, he is teething like crazy right now, poor little guy!






For food, I busted out my handy dandy chocolate fountain! It's always a hit! We had strawberries, rice krispy treat balls, pretzels, GF oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and marshmallows for dipping. I also made savory monkey bread, which I am addicted to. It's a good thing that Ryan is GF and I usually follow the diet with him so I have no excuse to make this again for a long time! We had lemon-mint water and iced coffee floats to drink (again, no pictures...sorry).

There was, of course, birthday cake! It turned out very cute, but had to be sent back to the bakery for some alterations!


Liam definitely enjoyed his first taste of cake! I think he would have eaten the whole piece if we would have let him! We did get a "smash cake" for free with the purchase of his larger cake, but we decided to freeze it for later since we had a lot of cake and not a lot of people!

Liam cracked us up opening presents! He kept grabbing tissue paper and waving it around, I think he really enjoyed the sound!


We had such a fun day with this sweet baby and were so blessed by those that were able to join us in celebrating the last year!

No comments: