Friday, May 31, 2013

Nashville: Things I will Miss

I'm starting to get more than a little sad about leaving this great city, so I thought I would wallow for a bit and list some of the things I will miss. In no particular order:

*The Village Chapel, our, "we read through books of the Bible" incredible church home. The idea of not hearing Kim pray and not having the occasional Getty-led worship makes me sick.

*my people. You know who you are. I love, love, love, you.

*Franklin Rd, Starbucks. If you've never been to my store, you are missing out. So, basically, I'm about to be missing out. I have the most incredible team of partners and the best customers you could ever imagine. I'm excited about my new store, but nothing will ever take the place of the 8338, ever.

*Athens Greek Family Restaurant. We might eat there too much if the waiters carry Liam to the car and put him in his car seat, huh? We are obsessed.

*Lush, beautiful, green landscape. Yes, the mountains are amazing. But, Denver is kind of a desert. I will miss our leafy, rolling hills. And I, rather, my dry skin and hair, will miss the humidity.

*Living outside of the South. I've never lived anywhere but the south. Sweet tea, SEC football, yes ma'am, no sir, y'all, and all the other things I don't realize are southern but are. This will be interesting for sure.

*Basically, the life we've created here. I came to Nashville as a brand new, very young, bride. We started our marriage, and our family here. We got our puppy here. We brought our boys home from the hospital here. I learned to navigate a city and drive a stick shift here. I started my career here. The memories and relationships are endless, and so very special. I didn't expect to be this sad to leave, but I've spent a quarter of my life in this little city, and it's bound to hurt. You'll always have a piece of my heart, Nashville.

1 comment:

pachcu said...

This gave me some tears even though I am in Denver and am beyond excited for the next year with you guys. I think people here are friendly, but it's not the south (this coming from a girl from the northeast). And Nashville will always be so special because it's where you guys really started your story. But the next year will add to your story and your journey and life will become richer. So excited to live life with you guys and for our boys to be buddies (even if they're too little to remember it). Praying this transition is delightful for you and that you experience and appreciate all the emotions it brings. :)