Wednesday, February 17, 2010

a few of my favorite things, winter edition.

Personally, I always enjoy seeing what products others can't live without.  So, I thought I would do a post on a few of my winter must haves!

I drink a ton of hot tea regardless of the season.  This winter has been so unbearably cold that I have taken to having at least 2-3 cups per day just to add some warmth to my body!  This new Sleepytime Vanilla is my current favorite to sip anytime of day.  The addition of vanilla sweetens it a tiny bit and just increases the relaxation that I always get from this tea.  Yum!


I wash my hands countless times per day while I am working.  As a result, they have become dry and cracked.  I recently bought this miracle salve at Target and I am loving the results.  I just slather it on at night and let it soak into my skin.  The trick is to keep Gus from licking it off of my hands before it absorbs!



This is a new product by an old household name.  I grew up loving the old Carmex from the squeeze tube that my mom always used.  Then I heard all the myths about fiberglass and addiction and whatnot, so I stopped using it.  I recently stumbled upon this moisture plus lip balm at Target and I am loving it as a solution to my horrendously chapped lips.  I usually use Rosebud Salve for my lips, but while I am at work I don't want to be sticking my hands into a pot of salve and then onto my lips as this requires two additional hand washes.  So, for the winter, I think this product will do the trick.  It's very rich and nourishing and has a tinge of mint.  

Ryan bought me this body butter for Christmas and I have used a lot of it already.  This body butter moisturizes really well.  I have excema, so I have to be careful about products that I use and I also have to moisturize to the max.  The shea butter in this really helps to lock in moisture.  I use it immediately following my shower.  



This is the Restoration Hardware luxury plush foot duvet.  I have these in graphite and literally wear them every single day.  They are filled with down and lined on the inside with a really comfy plush fabric.  These are so warm and comfortable.  I put them on the minute I get home from work.  I only wish they had a hard sole on them so I could wear them when I take the dog out, then I would really never take them off!

There you have it, my personal vices for staying warm and hydrated during the cruel winter!  What do you swear by?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I drink regular sleepytime tea like it's going out of style. I have a water boiler in my classroom, and I brew all day long- like 5 or 6 cups a day! It's actually quite ridiculous!

I'll have to give the vanilla a shot- I keep seeing it at the store but don't want to branch out from my sleepytime I love so much!

My other winter standby is my crock pot- make soup on the weekend that lasts me all week long!

sarah beth hawk said...

Ames,
Totally try the vanilla. I have always loved the original so I was a bit hesitant, but I LOVE it! Stay warm my friend! Oh, and post some more food!