Thursday, February 25, 2010

off like a herd of turtles!

I am officially off of work for the next NINE days!  I love love love my job, but I need these nine days off pretty badly.  However, we are having some delays getting the show on the road.  Our plan was to rise early tomorrow and I would take the first leg of the drive (no trouble since the latest I have gotten to sleep in the past six days is 6:30 am).  We were going to stop along the way and take our time and eventually arrive in Ft. Smith in time for my nephew's evening basketball game.
As luck would have it, when Ryan took my car for an oil change this morning we discovered that good ole Sabby is on her last leg.  Broken water pump...check.  Bad seal thing...check.  Head gasket about to blow...check.  Total estimate $2500...check.
Thankfully, we know a guy.  Our guy is doing all of the work for less than half of the estimate we got from our normal mechanic.  The only trouble is we may or may not leave tomorrow.
Really though, we will get there when we get there...  
And now I have more time to do laundry and pack and clean!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting off to a slow start are you? That stinks about your car. However, it is always good to know someone.