Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kid's Sale Update

We made out like bandits at the kid's sale last weekend.  I was sooooo incredibly thankful to my sweet sister and nephew for going to the pre-sale for me and running around like crazy to get what I wanted.  By the time I made it to Arkansas they had pretty much already bought everything that I needed and then some.  We blew the $200 budget out of the water, but I feel confident that it was a good decision.

Glider & Ottoman--$25          
Infant Car seat, Jogging stroller, Snap 'n go stroller, 3 car bases--$150
Bumbo seat w/ tray--$20
Bouncy seat--$15
Baby Bath--$15
Crib Mattress (new)--$15
Changing Table--$20
Infantino Carrier--$10
2 Mattress pads--$4
12 Burp Cloths--$6
8 Receiving Blankets--$8
Johnny Jump-up--$10
Sleep positioner--$4
Head positioner for car seat--$4
Nursing cover--$8
Sling--$8
Snow suit--$4
8 gowns--$8
6 footy pajamas--$6
Coat--$5
Fleece car seat cover--$10
Total spent--$355
Estimated savings--$650


We also lucked out on a big sale at target and bought a crib that retailed for $250 for $120.  We are feeling so incredibly blessed right now!  I was such a strange feeling to leave for Arkansas with literally nothing for our baby besides a pack & play and to return with pretty much everything we need.  I love good deals!  I am just not good at weeding through everything.  Thankfully, my sister is good at weeding through and my nephew is super fast at darting through crowds of people to get the things she tells him to find!

Everything we bought at the sale was in wonderful condition.  The car seat, glider, and stroller got a good cleaning with my sister's Bissell before I brought it home and they look brand new!  We are getting more and more excited to meet our baby now that we feel a little more prepared for him/her!

1 comment:

Tim and Randi Weigle said...

That's amazing!! I'm so glad you were able to get so much at the sale! They are having something like that (not as big, though) here in Amarillo this weekend that I'm planning on going to. So excited you are getting everything you need and getting it set up!