Saturday, September 4, 2010

A List...

I am a list lover.  And since today marks 30 weeks into my pregnancy with 10 weeks to go (holy cow), I thought it was high time to make a list of things to do before baby arrives!  To make myself feel better about how behind I feel like we are, I have added some things that we have already completed just so that I could cross them off!  Neurotic?  Yes, but necessary for sanity!

Before Baby Bird Arrives:
Tour hospitals
Pick a hospital
Pre-register at hospital
Take childbirth classes (registered, they start Tuesday!)
Take lactation classes (registered)
Pick a pediatrician
Put together storage shelves in laundry room
Move upstairs closet contents to storage shelves
Find a place to store extra furniture from baby's room
Purchase a crib & set it up
Clean & organize our bedroom to make room for pack & play
Set up pack & play in our bedroom
Wash all baby bedding/clothing & find a place to store it
Teach Gus "off" & "shut up"
Write & mail all thank you notes from all showers
Send in FMLA/Short-term Disability papers
Save $ for during Short-term Disability
Clean out freezer & come up with storage solution for breast milk
Get a prenatal massage
Celebrate 4 year anniversary
Practice Bradley Method exercises daily
Finalize birthing plan and discuss with Dr. Haney
Pack hospital bags
Purchase & install car seat

There ya have it!  I am sure there is more that I could add to this list, but I am going to stop now before I have a panic attack.  I am hoping to get some things accomplished today and I know that Ryan will work on some things while I am away next week.  I should also be able to cross some things off after the consignment sale!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love your list!!! that baby is going to be so loved and you all will be wonderful! congratulations and blessings!!!
love
ally