Friday, September 17, 2010

surprise ultrasound

(sorry, not to find out what we're having).

We got to see our little wiggle worm yesterday on our anniversary which was a very nice treat!

I went in for my appointment on Wednesday afternoon (at 31.5 weeks) and the doctor was concerned that I was measuring at 34 weeks.  She decided to run an ultrasound as soon as possible to rule out low amniotic fluid and/or a super big baby who might be coming early.  This made me a little nervous but I scheduled the ultrasound and decided to just relax and see the positive side of being able to see our baby on our special day.

Thankfully, the ultrasound tech did not see any cause for concern.  My fluid measured normal, my cervix is long and closed, and the baby measured right at 32 weeks in every measurement but its legs.  The legs were measuring at 34 weeks, which really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone who has seen this child's parent's legs.  So, that explains the larger external measurement.  Baby weighed in at 4.1 pounds and has both of those long legs currently wedged into the right side of my rib cage.  We could see that the baby is already taking practice breaths which was something that I thought was really cool.

We were unable to really see the baby's face or get any good pictures because baby's head is "locked and loaded" right in my pelvis.  This explains the ridiculous amount of times I have been using the bathroom lately as well as the increased pressure in my pelvis.  Glad to know that baby is head down and preparing for arrival!

We were so thankful that nothing was abnormal and that we got to see our sweet baby!

No comments: