Friday, December 31, 2010

Going Back


I am scheduled to go back to work bright and early Monday morning. I cannot believe how quickly the last three months have gone by, to say I am sad is putting it lightly.

I have loved loved loved being a part of every moment of Liam's life so far. I have loved pretending to be a housewife. It's been so nice to cook and bake and get laundry done throughout the day instead of a mad dash in the evenings.

That being said, I am blessed to go back to a job that I love, a job that I am (hopefully still) good at. I am anxious about transitioning back into a forty hour work week, especially one that starts with my alarm going off at 4am most days. I know I will have to give myself some grace and pray for it from my peers and employees as my company has changed several things in the three months I have been on leave. My store itself has at least two new team members that I have yet to work with! I have a lot of adapting to do and a lot of remembering as well. I currently can't remember any of my sixteen different passwords or codes to safes and alarms. I am also nervous about trying to arrange my work day around my pumping needs as it is in Liam's best interest to remain on a breast milk diet. I am hopeful that I will be able to find a balance quickly and that my team won't resent the time I will have to spend off the floor to pump. I am grateful that my boss in on my side and has given me several resources to make this easier on myself.

I am so thankful that Ryan will be staying home with Liam. It would break my heart even more to have to drop him off in the arms of a stranger at day care. He will be in good hands. I know that they will have a lot of fun and hopefully Ryan will be able to get some studying done during nap times.

Thankfully, my schedule grants me the opportunity to be home by 2 pm most days. That gives me a lot of time to still love on my little man. Hopefully, I can dwell on that and not on the fact that in twelve months time I will have spent 84 days at work and away from Liam. Can you tell I'm trying to psych myself up for this? :)

Please pray for me and our little family as we make this huge transition. Pray that I will have grace to do my job without crying all day. Pray that Liam bird will be good for his daddy and take his bottles. Pray that Ryan will have patience and will use his time wisely to study when he can. And, if you are one of my customers, or one of my employees, please be patient and kind as I make my way back to the land of the working woman. I promise I will try my best!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Praying for you guys- I know its all going to work out. Love you guys- all 4 of you!

April said...

Praying for y'all! Love you!!

kristina said...

first of all, thanlk you so much for the kind words you left on my blog. i must say that in the 3 years i have had a blog....that comment was probably my favourite. it came at a perfect time and really touched my spirit. i am very grateful for your words and even more grateful to have you as a reader. it means a lot. thanks.

with that out of the way, let me say that since i heard your little one came early we(me and rhys) have been praying for great development. we will add you and your return to work on the list. i imagine it will be an interesting transition, but as you seem to take life and its bumps in your stride, i am sure this will be no different. i pray that you will be given grace and mercy to find your feet. and that you will give yourself some time to readujst. its ok to not do all the things on a to do list. just love your family. they are the most important.

good luck friend. give us an update on how it goes...