Monday, April 11, 2011

A little bit of whining...

As mentioned in the title, this will be a whiny post. Don't feel obligated to read, or comment to make me feel better. It just needs to get off of my chest.

Simply put, I miss my husband.

For the last few MONTHS we have only seen eachother "coming and going" and it is really really starting to wear on me. Him too, for that matter. You see, we are madly in love with one another and were used to being practically joined at the hip. Until little wiggles came along, Ryan would drive me to work on mornings that I opened just so we could spend more time together. Sick, I know.

Those days are now behind us, and this isn't a lament for a date night or anything like that. I would be satisfied with a day spent as a family. Our schedules are so busy and at opposing times, that we haven't even been able to do that.

I know lots of couples that have "date night" once their kids are down for the night or snuggle together watching movies until the wee hours of the morning. But that won't work for us. You see, my bedtime is the same as my 6 month old's so there isn't much room for movie watching in our lives right now.

I work full-time and I am a full-time mom and wife when I'm not at work. Ryan is juggling caring for Liam while I am at work, graduate school, working in the afternoons, and being in a band that is attempting to get signed (which means meetings, writing sessions, practice, and shows constantly).

Most nights, I am in bed at 8:30 and Ryan is either at the library or doing something with the band until midnight. Then I am up at 4am and he leaves for work shortly after I get home at 2. When he gets home, it's the frantic sprint of feedings, bathing, and rocking before we put Liam down and the whole thing starts over again. My day off during the week is Ryan's school day and my weekend day off has conflicted with either more school or the band for the past month.

Sorry for whining, it has just been a rough couple of weeks on top of months of not enough quality time. Thankfully, the semester is almost over and we can spend some time together before summer school and more band travel starts. I have some fun ideas for some family time!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

kris {life at the table} said...

ugh- i know the feeling (except for the sweet baby). wil and i have gone through multiple months in a row, in the past, where i was at work from 9-6 and he from 2-11, so if we wanted to see each other i had to force myself to stay up an extra hour or so when he'd get home...not really the most quality of time spent.

not going to lie, it's rough. hopefully it is only a season that you can look back on.

Katie said...

This makes me sad for you. :( It's okay to be upset--that's a crazy tough way to live. I'm so glad there is a break in sight and I hope all of you get some good time in together. Love you, friend!

Krista said...

I have gone through this a lot. Last year was especially difficult for me because Seth was at work during the day at then at school all evening. I was pregnant at the time and exhausted taking care of Aidan and was watching another baby. We hardly saw each other at times and I felt like a single parent often. These seasons come and go. But it is not fun when you are in the middle of it. Children just bring all sorts of interesting things into the mix. You learn to appreciate the time you do have with your spouse more though. Hope you find some ways to juggle everything and work around your schedules for a little more time with each other. And feel free to whine if you need to. :)