Thursday, April 28, 2011

My first, and last, 5K

On April 16th I did something I thought I would never do...I (pseudo) ran a 5K. You see, it's global month of service and we are doing a lot of fun community service events with Starbucks. As a district, all of the store managers had committed to participating in the Joe P Rally Run to benefit childhood cancer research. I intended to walk the 5K because I am terribly out of shape and had not trained to run at all. Plus, it was a very cold day. However, all of my friends were running so I let myself be peer pressured into running. I definitely walked quickly for a good portion of the race, but I still ran a lot. And it was horrible, I might add. I do not understand you people that run for "fun." My final time was 43 minutes, which I decided was decent considering a) I walked part of it, b) zero training, c) out of shape, and d) NOT a runner. Oh, and I was sore and whiney for a good three days afterwards, pathetic. Perhaps I should look into getting in shape and making this a healthy habit of mine. Probably not, though.




(pre-run cow fun)



(during run, looking much happier than I felt)



(post run, pretty accurate portrayal of my feelings)

1 comment:

kristina said...

Good for you! The first race is always the hardest, you will be running marathons before you know it!