Sunday, August 19, 2012

Baby's name!

Naming children is serious business, in my opinion. Thankfully, my husby agrees with me and, even more thankfully, we agree on our children's names (even the future girly's).

I love to know the meaning and story behind someone's name so I thought I would share our second son's with you!

Jude Monroe Hawk

My Mom's name is Judy, so Jude is a tribute to her. It means, "praise." In college we had to memorize the last two verses of the book of Jude and those verses, and the name, have stuck with me.

Monroe is a family name in my sweet Peepaw's family tree. It was his dad and grandfather's middle name. So, while not technically his name, I will always think of him when "middle-naming" Jude. It is Gaelic (surprise, surprise) and means "from the mouth of the river."

So, Jude's name means "praise, from the mouth of the river." We think this is just lovely. Hopefully, we will get to watch him grow into a man full of praise for his Lord.

We love this little baby, and can't wait to have Liam and Jude running around causing trouble together!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Tim and Randi Weigle said...

I love it! And I can't wait to see pictures of sweet Jude when he gets here!