Monday, August 9, 2010

26 Weeks!




Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 26 Weeks, 2 days
Size of baby: 15 inches, 2.2 pounds; cucumber
Total Weight Gain: 8 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Wearing them.  Loving them.  Still wearing all of my pre-pregnancy sun dresses.  Can still wear low rise pre-pregnancy pants, they just aren't as comfortable as elastic waistbands!  I am also about to have to buy some new maternity polos for work, mine are getting a little short and I've never been a fan of the belly shirt.
Gender: Unknown.  Still don't want to find out.  Folks still predicting girl.
Movement: Moving a lot.  Baby's new nickname is "wiggle worm."  During church yesterday the baby kicked so hard that I gasped out loud.  My new favorite thing is to watch my belly wiggle around like a bowl full of jelly.  :)
Sleep: Still waking up multiple times to pee in the night.  This was supposed to decrease during the second trimester and it didn't for me.  This makes me a little nervous about the third trimester when it is supposed to increase again.  I am also waking up once or twice a week with leg cramps now.  I am drinking tons of water and increasing my potassium.  I think they are plaguing me because I stand up all day at work; I am trying to sit more.  
Symptoms: Heartburn, fatigue, leg cramps, backache
Food Cravings/Aversions:  Beef sounds good to me all the time.  Still enjoying all things cold with the record high temperatures we have been having I have doubled my already large liquid consumption.  Slushes, powerade, orange juice, grapefruit juice.  I really really really wish we had a shaved ice stand.  
What I am looking forward to:  Cooler weather.  Meeting the wiggle worm.

1 comment:

April said...

We have a shaved ice stand!!! Come see us!!!