Friday, January 28, 2011

My Favorite Vegetable

I am a pretty picky eater. While I've come a long way, there are still probably less than ten vegetables that I will eat.

I love, love, love sweet potatoes! I will eat them in any form, but my favorite preparation is to roast them.




I like to drizzle them in olive oil and maple syrup and then sprinkle them with salt, black pepper, thyme, and cayenne pepper. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring once in the middle of cooking.



Yum! They are the perfect combination of salt, spice, and sweet and the texture is perfect!

What's your favorite vegetable?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

wil said...

i love sweet potatoes too!
try making mashed sweet potatoes with half sweet and half regular russets. with some rosemary. -yum!

my fav is probably mushrooms.. so rich and so many applications.

Naomi said...

ooh, yes! so yummy! i like making SP fries with a sweet, salty and spicy mixture on them. so good!

my favorite veggie is either the artichoke or roasted broccoli.