Friday, January 7, 2011

Striving for Goodness

"Children are great imitators, so give them something great to imitate." -Anonymous

This is a quote that I am truly striving to live by. I want to be the best version of myself in front of my son. Nothing frustrates me more than seeing someone behave in an ugly manner, and I know that I fall into that category sometimes. I would hate for Liam to learn from my bad example that it is okay to:
a). treat people badly
b). litter
c). curse
d). repay evil with evil
e). talk on the phone while ordering
You get the idea. I know he is a little too small to be hanging onto my every move, but before we know it he will be big enough to follow my example. I hope and pray that I can be an influence for good. And, I hope that when I fail I will be humble enough to tell him that I've done wrong.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Sarah! I just found your blog again. I think I looked at it a long time ago, but definitely before you had your little boy! Congrats! It looks like our kiddos are only a week apart. Our boys almost had the same name too. Liam was at the top of the list and his middle name was going to be David no matter what! That would have been funny. Sounds like things are going okay with you back to work. I just went back on Tuesday and it was hard, but good at the same time. Hope tihngs are well!

Melissa said...

Liam is DARLING!!!