Monday, January 3, 2011

SMARTer in 2011.

I have some goals for this year. I'm not going to call them resolutions because I feel like that just sets me up for failure, but goals seems much more friendly. At work, I am frequently asked to set "SMART" goals for my business. This means that they are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. For example, if I were to say that I wanted to lose weight, that is not specific. If I wanted to lose 50 pounds, that's not attainable. If I wanted to lose 20 pounds by February, that's not realistic. You get the picture.

In 2011 (I keep typing 2001, why?!)...

I will print and frame one picture for my home each month. Currently, the only framed photos in our home are either bridal or engagement shots. We have been married for 4.25 years, it's beyond ridiculous that those are the only hard copy pictures on my shelves and walls.

I will make sure that we call our grandparents (all 7 of them) at least once a month. I am a self professed phone hater. I just really don't like talking on the phone. Since we live so far away from both of our families we rarely see our grandparents and I would really like to do a better job of keeping in touch with them.

I will mail handwritten birthday cards to our parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews. I used to never miss a birthday, but in recent years I have slacked off a lot. I don't think I mailed a single card last year! Sorry, family!

I will make sure we have one date night every month. Ryan and I are notorious for dates. I think the fact that we didn't really date before we were married has made us love dating each other so much. Now that Liam bird is in our lives this has the potential to fall to the wayside. I know we have had at least 12 people volunteer to babysit our little bird, so I intend to take them up on their offers!

That's all I am going to focus on goal wise. Of course, I am going to strive to be an amazing wife, mother, and friend, but that's not something I can really turn into a SMART goal. Hopefully, I will be able to blog about most of these things, too. Be on the look out! I'm excited!

No comments: